You know (if you read this often enough) that when I study and just get REALLY SICK OF EVERYTHING, I like to dance.
Recently i LOVE LOVE LOVE TAKING CONTROL of my household sound system, the speaker floods the entire frieking house it's absoulutely beautiful. And thanks to Tree's music share, during my 4 hour arts & craft session (WHY DID I DECIDE TO MAKE A VIS REP LIKE THIS LOL) my house filled WITH EAR CRACK. 'Passionpit after loads of candy' is my diagnosis. I couldn't STOP DANCING :) It was like cut-cut-cut; shimmy-shimmy; glue-glue; hip-swing; print-print; jump-jump
Haha and then I sat outside with my dogs, just chillen' for the first time in so long. And as i THOUGHT my street was mainly deserted because people were at work - I opened the windows that let the sound system flood into the backyard. After a while I caught myself belting "TONIIIIIIGHT WE ARE YOUNG, SO LET'S SET THE WORLD ON -..." which was kinda funny, if the mailman didn't catch me too :$
Then I spent much too long finding an outfit for my Dad's 50th at Centrepoint, and the Crosby, Stills and Nash concert he's taking me to. Dad couldn't stop smiling last night when he got a text from Tamar that went something like:
"George! How's work been? Hope everything's going good in Sydney. Anyway I was just wondering when your birthday dinner was on. I was thinking of coming down to Sydney around that time anyway. Say hello to the fam for me :)"
Dad: "who does this boy think he is inviting himself to family occasions? :')))))))))))"
AND THEN HE GOES
"oh and Amelia, Tamar's taking Ana to the Easter Show. Who's taking you, you loser? JK"
DUDE MY DAD THINKS HE'S FUNNY -_______-
FUNNY BECAUSE HE IS LOL
And finally decided on an outfit!
The back of the dress is completely bare love-heart shape cut out, so it's braless but I'll figure it out.
This birthday celebrates the first year my father's lived longer with his heart surgery than before he had it at 24. He thinks this is significant, something about survival and being thankful.
I'm thankful too. For him. For making my insecurities something to laugh off. For sheltering me from things that hurt too much. For cooking for me every single day :) For telling me to be stronger. For killing cockroaches in my room. For understanding when I tell him 'papa, not today. please'. For acting like it's Christmas every time I win something special. For bringing pillows into the car on mornings I look really tired. For calling me to check I'm alive, especially those moments he knows I need someone to talk to. For knowing when those moments are, just because he knows me. FOR INSPIRING ME TO PURSUE MY GOALS. For planning every single family holiday since I was a baby. For finding out about a certain 16th house-party and grounding me for TWO DAYS lol. For having such excellent taste in music and clothing. For calling me 'beautiful' every time I dress up. For giving me ten minutes in the morning. The list....
I'm just going to stop because I still have some of my speech to write and I'm getting all caught up in thought! :)
But yeah.

No comments:
Post a Comment