Tuesday, 27 March 2012

So I actually missed 1000, so happy 1001 posts :)

Acceptance is the key to contentment
I think I've said this before.
Here is a long philosophical wall of text because I just finished my Viva and I have a lot on my mind. This is largely regurgitation of things that are probs already published in sociology papers & shit but I feel like writing it all out anyway. Simply for exercising my thought :) And because when I write stuff like this people come into my head that make me smile. And I like those moments.

A land of bubbles and blindness.
It's so frustrating to see ignorance playing on both sides of everything.
EACH SIDE HAS BUBBLES, AND GUESS WHAT - WE'RE ALL IN THEM. 
Whether it's a bubble on the wrong side, or the 'right' side... it's still a bubble.
The difference is, I'm finally seeing the beauty and opportunity available when you simply STEP OUT OF THEM. Because in all honesty, bubbles contain the space inside; isolate it from the rest of the world for temporary periods of time. The air in the bubble is protected, untouched - free to have uncontrolled thoughts for that short time it lasts.   But when the bubbles burst you're left with yourself.
Just air moving through space, free and able to be whatever you want, and if you aren't contented with that then this is the time you have to confront it.
This year particularly, my respect has multiplied supremely for certain individuals I've observed quietly throughout my life and have likely never talked to. Those one's with their 'own-thing'; famous or unknown, quiet or loud. Your peace inspires me to find peace within myself.
I guess the clarity and gravity I have graciously felt overwhelm me in the most recent, stressful months of my teenage life have come around because I was finally ready to come to terms with my own bubbles.
Because within the next few years, as I try to find myself and unashamedly pursue my life goals in the coming decade, I don't want to be confined. I don't want to be forced into thoughts or actions, even indirectly.
I want to control it. I want to drive this crazy machine.
And now, drifting through the air. I feel free.
In the end, all we have is who we are.

It's in the stars
So I admit I still have days when I think someone or something is out to get me. Don't we all? Those "FML" days and wanting to yell "I HAVE THE WORST LUCK" Plus, getting even more serious, those nights where you simply can't figure out what you've done wrong to possibly deserve the cards you've been dealt with? I do. I'm sure we all do. But AHA. Some of you are like, NO AMELIA. There's always someone worse off, stop hyperbolising your problems...
To you lovely fellows, WHY HAVE I NEVER LISTENED TO YOU?! Why did you never get a hard-cover book, whack me in the head and say "listen kid, it's seriously not as bloody bad as you think! Because when you look at the big picture..."
BING BING revelation: see that is where I'm going with this - the big picture
We've lived just under 20 years of our life and we could all still have at least four times more life ahead of us. What happens to us now is all necessary for what will happen to us later. 
i.e. What might seem like shit NOW might simply need to occur for fate to play it's role and your life to pan out as it should in the long run
Call me a romantic for believing in fate but I do. I don't mind if you don't (wow it's only after someone pointed this out that I noticed how much I say it, haha). I guess my belief in fate does stem from religion though - so I understand why people don't believe. I believe in almighty plans (whether it be God or some other natural force) and fulfillment of these plans by us as individuals. 
Like that stupid /I think it's cute/ tumblr post: "I wonder what my future husband is doing right now."
I don't know who reads this, but I'm going to take a blind guess and say that at least 80% of us HAVEN'T met that person yet. Hey, I might chuck in something cute and make you wonder: you may have MET, but you have absolutely no idea. Sure there's maybe even 20% of you that have a clear vision of what direction your life is going in (because marriage is a big big deal, lets face it) BUT MOST OF US ARE RELYING THE DIRECTION OF A WHOLE CHUNK OF OUR FUTURE LIVES ON SOMEONE WE'VE LIKELY NEVER TALKED TO
That's how scary fate is.
But awesome too
LOL NOTICE MY WRITING CHANGED, It's 'cause dad just called for dinner and I am starving. So bye for now, soz for tldr :):)


xoxo
holy crap I'm a loon.
 


No comments: