Sunday, 12 February 2012

The Vow

Awh Marcus I can't believe you really read my blog, and you like... slipped in your acknowledgement in such a subtle way it was awesome. Awesome friends are just plain awesome. CHHYEAH.

Anyways yes, so the biffles and I watched The Vow today on a kinda ooh our parents aren't here so let's go have an awesome valentines day even though we are both unattached whim. It was cute in many ways, I guess. Our whole cinema would have had to be filled by more than 80% n'gawwwing girls - yet Marcus was the trooper of all troopers and watched it with me. There were some stupid and illogical features of the plot I didn't particularly like - but McAdams is way too hard to resist in any movie so I loved it just for her. 

I'd always wondered whether cinema love really ever translated into real life love - i used to think it most definitely did. Then my own living started and my views changed dramatically. YET after 2 years of feeling like a douche for ever believing love was all powerful/sublime/whatever (and accumulating a record-breaking amount of teen bitterness) - I CAN NOW SAFELY CONFIRM IT REALLY IS. What? Strings of disjointed, whirlwind, jerky sometimes hurtful crap made me believe that TRUE LOVE.... EXISTS? Where is your logic Amelia?

But yeah for some reason I still harbour wholehearted genuine faith in that spoken-word 'me thinkin' of you thinkin' of me type' love. I dunno what it was exactly that changed my mind. Maybe I know too many 'exceptions'; maybe I just need something to look forward to and I'm making it all up.

Or maybe it's just because I started paying attention to my Dad's face now that mum's overseas without him. He always brings her up in conversation. I think he took me out to dinner tonight because I'm the only thing at home with him that's remotely like her and that makes him miss her less.

Looks like my daddy's gonna be lonely on valentines day.

I think I might go and buy him some chocolate.

Repost because this always needs to be watched on or around valentines day: 
"And I want a love that makes me regret how small my hands are
I mean the lines on my palms don’t give me enough time
To love you as long as I’d like to type love" 

No comments: