Thursday, 16 February 2012

Sorry for the crazy in my last post.

Anyways I'm tired. Tired in all the conventional ways, but tired in a lot of others too.

Anyways because I was disappointed with myself and many actions of my past... /please don't read that and ASSUME you know what actions I am referring to because you likely don't.../ I decided to do something stupid. But it was so fucking awesomely stupid I can't help but smile when I think about it. 

My dad has like 3 plausible buyers of our old 2000 Subaru Forrester. His asking price is really reasonable for its condition - so most people are willing to pay at or above the price. One buyer is some young leb dude and the other is this inner-city guy working at dad's campus. One buyer however, is this Afghan man who couldn't even afford my dad's minimum asking price. 

At first we were like 'so err why are you even here?' because frankly his presence at the inspection was dumb. yet we couldn't maintain that negativity - because after half an hour with the man we thought he was so sweet. He'd traveled more than an hour to come to our inspection. But overall, he was humble and wasn't even slightly persistent. He just had a look in his eyes that I didn't know how to feel about.

He left when we told him it was highly unlikely we would consider his offer which was $250 short of our minimum. So we watched him leave in his beaten up bomb... And dad just stood at the door and I could sense him feeling like he killed a baby bird. But the man came back 20 minutes later and knocked at the door. 

He apologised profusely for overstepping his means, but asked us to consider one thing:

"$250 is a lot of money for me and my wife. It requires lots of budgeting and saving. I see your lovely family... and this house and I want you to ask yourself what $250 is worth to you" 

And then he paid his thanks and left.

So that's when I went to my room, got my birthday money and shoved it in my dads hands and told him that's what $250 was worth to our family. 

Dad laughed, handing me the money back and saying how stupid it was that I wasn't saving it for myself when he worked so hard to earn it for me... LOL zzz me and my dramatic gestures. 

Yet he said the gesture made him realise that he should practice the values he passed on to his own daughters.

I hope i didn't undermine my dad's hard work to sell our car by making such a rash decision. 

I've gotta say we're selling it more than 1k lower than our highest offer, but fuck. My dad and I feel amazing. I feel like I've done something good for the first time in so long. I wish I had the patience and strength to do good things for people all the time.

If you're sick of my deep posting you do understand you don't have to read my blog, right? lol 
Just making sure before y'all go complaining on my butt. 
Wall of text, tldr i know i know LOL this is me me though. My diary was like an essay book in primary.

No comments: