Things I like (because I've always found that compiling these lists is so encapsulating and enlightening, maybe I should just turn this blog into a prolonged 'things I like' thread... hmm)
This might be a long one, since I'm feeling like I live under a blanket of mediocrity lately, and I'd really, right now, like to recognise the wonderfulness in this life
- The mannerisms of musicians
- Surprise notes & written conversations in University library books
- Muscles
- People who laugh at the most inappropriate times in lectures
- Dark nail polish
- Couple costumes that look like they took weeks of preparation (and convincing)
- Sauces. Multitudes of sauces that are equally delicious and spicy
- European pillows
- The buskers in the underground Central tunnel
- My dad's often mundane yet politically infused text messages
- Caramello Koalas: this deserves permanent residency on any kind of these lists, ok.
- Riding shotgun in cars with boys, alone; together
- African-American comedies
- Reading about medicine, in all different forms of journalism
- My sister's $4 pasta a.k.a Barilla fettuccine and dolmio sauce
- Pugs and pug related images
- The happy-cracks in Chris Martin's voice and his dorky dance moves
- Buzzfeed lists that are too relevant you... can't even
- The prep for a date; with all the nice-smelling products and the make-up and the casual-but-yes-i-also-casually-want-you-to-vigorously-make-out-with-me outfit formulation. Plus constant texts from m8s who want to know all the goss
- Market vendors who passionately sell their products
- I Fucking Love Science! posts
- Chatty cabbies
- The extremely vivid smell of dinners cooking in each of the terraces on my street when I walk home in the evening
- Watching people smize, unknowingly
- The drop, in a full club, after a long as fuck week
- Old people who refer to people as things like "beautiful" and "amor" naturally, like they've been saying it their whole lives
- The top 100 IMDB list of Romantic Comedies
- The gorgeously adorable features of young children when they are doing something naughty
- Baz Luhrmann films
- Not needing to save massive plans for the weekend because it could be a weekend right now if you really wanted it to be
- Eavesdropping on absurdly rich peoples conversations and secretly mocking them
- Music Festivals. All. of. the. music. festivals.
- Caramel smells. Natural and artificial.
- Free access loyalty coffee benefits at UNI. yes. oh, double yes.
- The incredible malleability of the human face with make-up
- Sixpence None The Richer
- Newtown Bars. Surry Bars. Lots of bars. Did someone say alcohol?
- My best friend's laugh
- Moustaches
- Listening to other people complain about things that you want to also constantly complain about
- The lack of age gap in University. Oh - in adulthood, rather.
- "Sneaky" snapchats from friends while in classes/tutorials
Alright, that's it for tonight. But this is a good idea - if I remember, I shall add to this very soon x
No comments:
Post a Comment