January 1-19/2014
Stationery shopping had briefly convinced me to buy a diary, thinking, "oh how wonderful would it be if I had somewhere to write what's going on in my life on a day-to-day timeline so I can one day look back..." and then I realised I was an idiot as I remembered this blog (and how poor/horrible I am at keeping diaries and things). I doubt that I'll write consistently on this since, well - I'm just generally not a consistent human at anything. I'll try though. So here goes... the first 2.5 weeks of January:
I don't think I can do a recount-type narration since I suck at those and my life is like a blob of nothingness and thought after thought (after meaningless outing), anyway... saying that, let's just stick to the structureless brain-rant that commonly resides at this humble web address. This is one for the frantically first-dating/single people out there - I have recently joined you and I've forgotten how fucking intense it is being single. What the hell, there are single male vultures everywhere. Legit, like I know you can't expect much else going out to a club, but if you don't have a boy at your side and you go out on the weekend be prepared to get into an elbow-to-crotch fight with the nearest handsy seedster. Eugh. Apart from the vultures, however, I was actually on my way to mentioning how fantastic it is to be in this stage and have so many opportunities to meet new people. No, seriously, I'm not just saying this in the vain hopes that one/all of my ex's reads it and is like "well damn, she's happy"; in fact, I'd want them (and anyone) to read it and realise that there's this huge world of fantastic people out there that you have never met, and each of those people has the potential to teach you something about yourself that you never knew. Gag. Yes gagging myself just formulating that sentence, but it's still true.
Also, I wanted to bring to light the topic of age-gap dating. How much is too much? My sister always told me that once you got to your 20's it was like there was no difference between 20 and 29, but I'm still having trouble getting my head around that. I've made a new friend who's 26, and it's this massive mindtrip realising he was my age when I was 10. LOL. Is that not creepy as fk? Either way this nice chemistry (although not long-lasting, i believe) still exists despite that age gap. Hmm. Maybe Jacob Black wasn't ridiculous by imprinting on Renesmee after all? #horribleliteraryreference Let's get past that.... Ok. SO YEAH. Hook-ups and boys - cough, men - and all that jazz. Yeah here I am thinking that maybe our years of 18-22 in this Western society of progress and empowerment are for being absolutely fucking free. Seriously. That is my sudden, albeit late - since it was frequently themed on SATC for the entire show - realisation about my current predicament. I wouldn't call it cynicism, I would say it's more realism.
I will also now post for you all a cliched and disgusting video of Taylor swift voicing my feels. Till next time, lovelies. x
No comments:
Post a Comment